Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Letting go


I love color and texture.  Bold and dYnamiC.  Some may think my style is busy or over-the-top.  I think it's interesting and shows variety.

This week I went shopping for some new teacher clothes.  I had a blast hanging out with my friend Miska and trying on pretty much everything  that was school appropriate in my size.  I found several new pieces, including some much needed PLAIN pants.  They are in neutral colors with basic cuts.  They will go perfectly with my busy tops :D

I also allowed a few skirts to sneak into the pile (as a treat for buying such plain pants hehehe).  After an afternoon out I brought my treasure home to an already full closet.  Oh man... where was everything going to fit?

Today I spent time weeding through my current wardrobe to make room for the new additions.  I came across several dresses and skirts that I have gotten plenty of love out of, however I still find it hard to let them go.  Most still fit and look good on me.  However, I know I have not worn them in a long time and do not plan on wearing them anytime soon.  Therefore, they have been added to my "give away pile!"

I am officially saying goodbye to my oldest skirt, a dress I wore to my favorite couple's wedding, another I wore to see Rent live with my sister and two best friends, the one I wore on my 21st birthday, another to my wedding shower, and finally the one I wore out the night I said goodbye to my life as a single lady.  Thank you all for helping me grow in feeling confident, being there for important life moments, and reminding me of the good times every time I opened my closet and leafed through my wardrobe.  May you go on to serve others as well.

Hello new clothes.  New opportunities.  Change.  Challenges.  Options.  Variety.  I look forward to seeing what new memories lie ahead as I take the next steps in my teaching career!!!  I feel like it's the first day of school all over again :D

No comments:

Post a Comment