Friday, September 26, 2014

Picture Day

Growing up, we never bought school photos.  My mom took really good pictures and loved to print and share those with family, so there was really no need to have the somewhat cheesy posed ones.

There were some years I never even saw what mine looked like, since they didn't print them if you were not buying them.  Other years, I remember, they would send us home with a teaser- a few printed pictures that you either bought or brought back to the school (what a waste).  I'm sure that tactic worked for some people, but not for my mom!

This year, for the first time in my memory, I have copies of the school picture taken.  Since I'm a teacher they gave me some for free!  The best of both worlds :D  Yesterday afternoon I enjoyed writing love letters to some people in my life.  I included in them these silly little trinkets.  Thanks school pictures for inspiring some much needed love to be sent around!!!

The one I am ESPECIALLY proud of is pictured below.  My friend Jane is one of the few people my age who I know consistently sends mail through USPS.  She typically makes her own envelopes out of lovely magazine photos.  She's even been known to make strange things in postcards.......... Naturally, I followed her lead.  This one's for you Jane ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment