Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Take two

This is my second week in the classroom, and it already feels so much better than the first one!  I also enjoy the fact that I teach the same thing two days in a row.  That way, if I explain something poorly in the first class or set something up funny, I get to improve the second time around :)

Woo hoo second chances ;)



Here's my best example of this so far: I went through the steps of how to enamel and then let the students try it on their own.  All of them got finished with each step about the same time, which made things over crowded.  It also meant they were hovering around the kilns (which made me nervous since they are set at 1500'F).  It was overwhelming and I was not sure how to stop the madness.  I felt like I was working retail on Black Friday!!

Day 2- I split the class in half.  I told one half to work on stencils while the other half enameled.  I also told the girls who were enameling to take turns and not have more than 4 people at one station.  SOOO much more peaceful, and therefore I was much more helpful and effective as a teacher!

Again, Woohooooo to second chances ;)  Hope you get a second chance sometime this week!!

-Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment